MDWg works to document, revitalise and maintain the Miriwoong language and culture. We strive to deliver a range of innovative programs to achieve this, building on our documentation and archiving activities to enable Miriwoong people to learn and engage with their language. The programs and initiatives currently delivered by MDWg include:
- The Miriwoong Language Nest
- Miriwoong Resources and Publications
- Miriwoong Knowledge Cycle
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Cultural Activities and Performances
- Miriwoong Language Classes for the Community
- Language Documentation and Archiving
- Language Consultancy
- Interpretive Signage
Awards and Recognition
Our work and achievements have been recognised through a number of awards:
- Winner- 2017 Outstanding Organisation/Program Contributing to Community Life, East Kimberley Aboriginal Achievement Awards
- National winner – 2015 HESTA Community Sector Organisation of the Year
- Finalist – 2015 East Kimberley Aboriginal Achievement Awards
- Finalist – 2014 WA Regional Achievement and Community Awards
MDWg Supporters and Partners
The work of MDWg is kindly supported by the Australian Government. We would like to acknowledge their contributions through the ILS Program (Indigenous Language Support). The Ministry of the Arts currently supports the operations of MDWg, grammar research and Indigenous employment initiatives.
In addition, we would like to acknowledge the support from the Department of Social Services, the Federal Government’s Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS), Save the Children (SCA)/Communities for Children (CfC) and MG Corporation for their incredible support of the Miriwoong Language Nest. We also extend our sincere gratitude to AusCouncil and Wyemando Bequest for their support of Miriwoong publications.
MDWg also wishes to acknowledge the invaluable support of the various members of our Saving Miriwoong Donor & Sponsorship Program. These supporters enable us to expand our efforts to save the Miriwoong language.
If you would like to support this initiative, even in a small way, please click on our “Help Save Miriwoong” page!